17 July 2011

IN MY MAILBOX: DEBRIS AND FOREVER

In My Mailbox was started by the lovely Kristi over at Story Siren - check out her blog for more information on this meme.

I know it's not classy to brag, but please excuse me just this once. Normally I get most of my books from the library, and if I'm lucky I get to buy the occasional book. But this week, I got sent a book from Angry Robot. I'm so excited.

So firstly today IMM is Debris, the futuristic science fantasy debut novel by Jo Anderton.

Debris, Jo Anderton
October 2011
Angry Robot
In a far future where technology is all but indistinguishable from magic, Tanyana is one of the elite. She can control pions, the building blocks of matter, shaping them into new forms using ritual gestures and techniques. The rewards are great, and she is one of most highly regarded people in the city. But that was before the “accident”.
Stripped of her powers, bound inside a bizarre powersuit, she finds herself cast down to the very lowest level of society. Powerless, penniless and scarred, Tanyana must adjust to a new life collecting “debris”, the stuff left behind by pions. But as she tries to find who has done all of this to her, she also starts to realize that debris is more important than anyone could guess.

I also bought Forever,  the concluding story in The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. It has a very shiny silver cover and I can't wait to find out what happens to Grace and Sam.

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
July 2011
Scholastic
When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.
That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.
Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

What's in your mailbox this week?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debris looks totally amazing! I hadn't heard about it until now. On my TBR list now.

Jade
Ink Scratchers

Jamie Gibbs said...

I love the premise for Debris. I like books that integrate magic and technology. looking forward to how you get on with it :)

Jules said...

Forever seems to be popping up everywhere at the moment :)

Enjoy your books :)

Anonymous said...

OOh great! The Shiver series sounds great although I haven't read it myself yet, but I hope you enjoy Forever.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh Debris looks interesting and I still need to catch up and the Mercy Falls wolves series. Good IMM

kaye (paper reader) said...

Okay, so you've sold me on Debris. Added to the TBR. I haven't read any of Stiefvater's books, but I've heard not-so-good things about the ending of Forever and I'm hesitant to start a series that ends poorly.

serendipity_viv said...

I need to read Linger soon before I can buy Forever - eep!

hannah @ my book journey said...

I'm reading Forever now...I hope it isn't disappointing...Maggie Stiefvater's writing is so beautiful but with a series like this I guess we expect a lot for an ending!